How to stop Sumo to sort by the "Update" column?

kccu

How to stop Sumo to sort by the "Update" column?

Post by kccu » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:39 pm

By default SUMo permanently sorts the result list by the "Update" column, however I totally dislike this behavior:

Most programs consist of multiple EXE-files, sometimes 2, 3 or up to 20. Those executables usually can't be updated individually, therefore I prefer the view sorted by program path. Sorted by program path I can easily spot the programs/program packs that need to be updated, whereas the sorting by update and name shuffels all the executables that belong together through the whole list.

Therefore I would like to permanently disable the automatic sorting by the Update column. How can this be done?

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Re: How to stop Sumo to sort by the "Update" column?

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:07 pm

Hello,

This is not possible yet, but please open a feature request here : https://www.kcsoftwares.com/bugs/my_view_page.php
I'll do my best to have this implemented asap.

PS : are you aware of "right click> Skip" function for update you do not want SUMo to show ?

scheff

Post by scheff » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:01 pm

I don't agree. Parts are already implemented. The only aspect not implemented is to configure the report order.

For getting the sort order the user kccu prefers, he has to
  1. configure SUMO accordingly and
  2. reorder the resulting report after creation.
The corresponding configuration of SUMO is to enable presentation of file path. The desired reorder is also already possible after the report has been created. While by default the newly created report is sorted by a combination of update column and a kind of flag, it then can be reordered by clicking on the column title file path.

I don't like the presentation of the path, preferring the presentation of path as tool-tip which is the case when file path presentation is not enabled.

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:58 pm

ok