Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Re: Beta Versions / Undue notifications

Post by Kyle_Katarn »

Thanks for this detailed analysis !
ilike2burnthing

Post by ilike2burnthing »

Avira PC Cleaner's file cleaner-launcher.exe is being lumped in with Avira Product Family, meaning that the v3.0.0.125 file gets buried under several v15 results (the version of their current AV solutions).

Having installed everything I can find on their site, cleaner-launcher.exe isn't included in any of their other products.

Can this be changed? Thanks!
Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn »

Do you mean is it currently identified as Avira Product Family and shouldbe named Avira PC Cleaner ? Or just "discarded" in such case ?
ilike2burnthing

Sorry, renamed from Avira Product Family to Avira PC Cleaner.
ilike2burnthing

Me again! :P

Thaiphoon Burner is showing the wrong name and version.

The executable uses the fields Product Name and Product Version for the program name and version, whereas File Description is just a description (oddly enough lol) and File Version is the build number.

The current release is v16.3.0.0 build 0320, before that was 16.2.0.0 build 0225, and then 16.1.1.0 build 1116 (which is incorrectly flagged as a beta by SUMo).

So SUMo mistakenly shows SPD EEPROM programming software v0.3.2.0 with a major update available, when it should show Thaiphoon Burner Super Blaster v16.3.0.0 with no current updates.

ThaiphoonBurner.png
ThaiphoonBurner.png (19.12 KiB) Viewed 5959 times

Hope it's an easy enough fix.
Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn »

ilike2burnthing wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:35 pm Sorry, renamed from Avira Product Family to Avira PC Cleaner.
Thanks !
Logged here : https://www.kcsoftwares.com/bugs/view.php?id=5927
Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn »

ilike2burnthing wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:28 am Me again! :P

Thaiphoon Burner is showing the wrong name and version.

The executable uses the fields Product Name and Product Version for the program name and version, whereas File Description is just a description (oddly enough lol) and File Version is the build number.

The current release is v16.3.0.0 build 0320, before that was 16.2.0.0 build 0225, and then 16.1.1.0 build 1116 (which is incorrectly flagged as a beta by SUMo).

So SUMo mistakenly shows SPD EEPROM programming software v0.3.2.0 with a major update available, when it should show Thaiphoon Burner Super Blaster v16.3.0.0 with no current updates.

ThaiphoonBurner.png

Hope it's an easy enough fix.
Thanks ! Logged here : https://www.kcsoftwares.com/bugs/view.php?id=5928
ilike2burnthing

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn »

Thanks for your help too !
ilike2burnthing

Last one for a while, promise lol
  1. Just realising I misunderstood the effect of this - https://www.kcsoftwares.com/bugs/view.php?id=5781
    I should have asked for KillSwitch.exe to be renamed to KillSwitch, or Comodo KillSwitch (with x86 and x64 variants), rather than removed altogether. It was showing up as COMODO Internet Security due to its Product Name/File Description.
  2. Similarly, CCE.exe currently shows as COMODO Internet Security, this should be Comodo Cleaning Essentials (again with x86 and x64 variants).
  3. I also noticed that Autoruns.exe by Comodo isn't found by SUMo, and can't be added. Its Product Name/File Description is also COMODO Internet Security, so that would need to be renamed to Autoruns, or Comodo Autoruns (also with x86 and x64 variants).
Thanks again! :)