A feature request

Orko

A feature request

Post by Orko » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:05 pm

Because I am blind and use a screen reader, I can't easily skip over things like SuMo's version number in the title bar so I would appreciate an option to not display the version number in the title bar of the program's application window.

Thanks!

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Re: A feature request

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:35 pm

You refer to the main title of the main windows ?
What would you expect to see as a title ? What's the problem caused by having the version indicated there (on top of in the main dialog) ?

Orko

Post by Orko » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:47 pm

Most programs simply display the program's name and nothing else. They leave version information for the "Help > About" dialog.

The problem with the version number being in the program's main window title is that everytime the screen reader reads the window title to let me know which window is top most or has focus, it also reads the version number which is unnecessary. Honestly, I don't need to hear the program's version number umpteen times whenever I use the program. If I need to know what version of the program I am running, I can do a "Help > About" just as easily as the next guy.

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:09 pm

OK, i'll check, but can't promise a SUMo-specific change since it's a generic part of code for all our products.
But thanks for your feedback, I was definitively not aware of such consequence for our blind users.