How do I get updates?

jklmno

How do I get updates?

Post by jklmno »

I have a mostly automated Windows 10 box that acts as my personal content management system. Meaning, I only pull out keyboard, mouse and monitor on occasions when I need a bit more juice than my other machines provide. Today I needed to pull everything out because it appeared FileHippo stopped working. Anyhow, I found SUMO, installed it, started the program and scanned and checked my applications. Then I realized I forgot to add a customer folder location, so I did that. And, finally after re-clicking Scan and Check, I clicked Get Update (and re-clicked after highlighting an item), but absolutely nothing happened either time. I right-clicked an item and tried everything but still cannot get an update. So...

How do I get updates?

I was led to believe elsewhere on the web that with SUMo that I'd have to update one by one, which I would never do, but I cannot even do that. I have purchased plenty of programs but never blindly.

So, again, how do I get updates? Or what sort of troubleshooting do I need to do?

Thank you.

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Re: How do I get updates?

Post by Kyle_Katarn »

Hello,

"Get update" uses the default browser to lead you to SUMo server page (Free) or developper's page (PRO)
If nothing happens, check your default browser settings and try to set another browser as default for test.

Contact our tech support if problem persists.

scheff

Post by scheff »

jklmno wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:50 am
So, again, how do I get updates? Or what sort of troubleshooting do I need to do?
Is your issue solved in the mean-time or does it still persist?
Kyle_Katarn wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:47 am
If nothing happens, check your default browser settings and try to set another browser as default for test.
What's your standard web browser on this device? Which other web browsers do you have installed?

Do you have installed the free edition or the professional edition of SUMo?
jklmno wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:50 am
I have a mostly automated Windows 10 box that acts as my personal content management system.
What do you mean by mostly automated Windows 10? Which (local or group) policies or other settings (like registry entries) do you have in place which might effect pop-ups or cross-application actions? Which appropriate warnings did you get in Windows events logs for blocking such a start of web browser when you clicked for update in SUMo?

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn »

Thanks for this additional support :)