Post by Kyle_Katarn » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:57 pm

Good point !

F13Reboot

Re: Beta Versions / Undue notifications

Post by F13Reboot » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:24 pm

Yandex Browser v19.1.0.1828 it's _beta_
source: https://browser.yandex.com/beta/

current stable: 18.11.1.805

And please correct URL at KC Softwares update site for Yandex Browser.
Current https://punto.yandex.ru/ it is URL for one service Yandex, not for Yandex Browser site.
Yandex Browser site: https://browser.yandex.com
oops, file not found

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:27 am

F13Reboot wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:24 pm
Yandex Browser v19.1.0.1828 it's _beta_
source: https://browser.yandex.com/beta/

current stable: 18.11.1.805

And please correct URL at KC Softwares update site for Yandex Browser.
Current https://punto.yandex.ru/ it is URL for one service Yandex, not for Yandex Browser site.
Yandex Browser site: https://browser.yandex.com
Version and link fixed. Thanks !

mickrussom

Re: Beta Versions / Undue notifications - wireshark

Post by mickrussom » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:13 am

wireshark development release 2.9.0.0 is not being reported as beta. latest stable is 2.6.6.0

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Re: Beta Versions / Undue notifications - wireshark

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:33 pm

mickrussom wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:13 am
wireshark development release 2.9.0.0 is not being reported as beta. latest stable is 2.6.6.0
Thanks for reporting. Link to associated SUMo page please so that I can fix ?

PetrolDave

Post by PetrolDave » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:37 am

Every few weeks SUMo keeps reporting that anew version of Dropbox is available, but the vast majority of times it is reporting a beta version not a released version. Most recently this happened yesterday.

As I have NOT selected to receive beta versions I shouldn't be getting this reported.

I've emailed this incorrect beta reporting several times but it keeps happening, can anyone explain why and more importantly do something to stop it happening.

It's getting more than a little annoying and I've had to bookmark the page on the Dropbox forum that tells me what the version numbers are of the latest beta and released versions so I can check every suggested update that SUMo proposes to Dropbox. Here it is for convenience:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop ... /101003016

BTW I don't get this problem with any of the other 99 programs that SUMo checks for me :?:

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:11 pm

PetrolDave wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:37 am
Every few weeks SUMo keeps reporting that anew version of Dropbox is available, but the vast majority of times it is reporting a beta version not a released version. Most recently this happened yesterday.

As I have NOT selected to receive beta versions I shouldn't be getting this reported.

I've emailed this incorrect beta reporting several times but it keeps happening, can anyone explain why and more importantly do something to stop it happening.

It's getting more than a little annoying and I've had to bookmark the page on the Dropbox forum that tells me what the version numbers are of the latest beta and released versions so I can check every suggested update that SUMo proposes to Dropbox. Here it is for convenience:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop ... /101003016

BTW I don't get this problem with any of the other 99 programs that SUMo checks for me :?:
This is because of SUMo collaborative "dynamic" algorithm for version computation. I'll tune this soon to make it more rebust.
Meanwhile please report any false positive and i'll do my best to fix asap, with the help of the power users.

scheff

Post by scheff » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:20 pm

Anybody knows why "HP Support Assistant" is detected three times on my HP notebook although I know of just one installation?
It is found in the task bar and in the start menu, not in the list of installed Windows Apps nor in the list of installed programs. (Considering the paths shown via tool tips, I assume that there are detected at least 3 components by SUMO but all three being reported as this application!)

And why does SUMO report this product in 3 different verions (8.1.1.0 with claimed update available to version 8.6.8.11, 8.10.49.21 with claim of being up to date, and 8.7.50.3 with claim of being up to date) installed although this product reports itself in just one version of the latest release (8.7.50.3) with no available updates of this product?

Taking a look at SUMO server, there are 155 SUMO users reported having this product installed in 9 different versions. 85% are reported to run version 8.7.50.3. 2 versions are claimed being in beta state although my device does not participate in any beta campaign. Why does SUMO server claim this by far most often installed version as beta although HP claims having it released on 17 December 2018 (according to HP SoftPaq Download Manager report)?

Due to HPs report of latest released version and due to SUMO servers report of most often installed version, the state of this product on SUMO server application database should be fixed from beta state to current for version 8.7.50.3

Kind regards

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:38 pm

scheff wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:20 pm
Anybody knows why "HP Support Assistant" is detected three times on my HP notebook although I know of just one installation?
It is found in the task bar and in the start menu, not in the list of installed Windows Apps nor in the list of installed programs. (Considering the paths shown via tool tips, I assume that there are detected at least 3 components by SUMO but all three being reported as this application!)

And why does SUMO report this product in 3 different verions (8.1.1.0 with claimed update available to version 8.6.8.11, 8.10.49.21 with claim of being up to date, and 8.7.50.3 with claim of being up to date) installed although this product reports itself in just one version of the latest release (8.7.50.3) with no available updates of this product?

Taking a look at SUMO server, there are 155 SUMO users reported having this product installed in 9 different versions. 85% are reported to run version 8.7.50.3. 2 versions are claimed being in beta state although my device does not participate in any beta campaign. Why does SUMO server claim this by far most often installed version as beta although HP claims having it released on 17 December 2018 (according to HP SoftPaq Download Manager report)?

Due to HPs report of latest released version and due to SUMO servers report of most often installed version, the state of this product on SUMO server application database should be fixed from beta state to current for version 8.7.50.3

Kind regards
Yes, this product is not well managed by SUMo and i'm not sure it's relevant for SUMo since it could be device dependant.
I'd suggest to right click > Ignore on it.

scheff

Post by scheff » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:39 pm

Kyle_Katarn wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:38 pm
scheff wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:20 pm

Kind regards
Yes, this product is not well managed by SUMo and i'm not sure it's relevant for SUMo since it could be device dependant.
I'd suggest to right click > Ignore on it.
No. I don't want to ignore it. And as far as I see there is no device dependency of this product (as opposed to some of its components).

As I proposed, a quick fix would be to correct the false claim of beta state on SUMO server for the version 8.7.50.3 released on 17 December 2018 by HP. Then an analysis can be postponed how it was possible that this version was still considered beta by SUMO although 85% of the SUMO users with this product have this version installed. (With such a number [155 SUMO users] it might be plausible if SUMO considers this version beta as long as the number of users running this version would be something less than 5%. But with 85% it doesn't look plausible.)