Beta Versions / Undue notifications

scheff

Re: Beta Versions / Undue notifications

Post by scheff » Tue May 07, 2019 3:59 pm

What is currently going wrong with your statistics?
How do you count what, on client side and on server side?

On SUMo server you provide a few hot lists. They need some explanation for better understanding. Are they dynamically generated by each user entering that site, by each user becoming the first time online after installation of SUMo or updated once daily by some background job in the European night?
What's the query to create them so that I might enter any interesting variation into the query mask for my interests?
And what's the query to get a count of software detected by any SUMo client, so the total across devices, versions and variants?

Taking the global hotlist as example, then obviously SUMo is installed on any device with SUMo installation and no other application can top it. So the first entry in that top list has to be SUMo providing a count of devices with SUMo installed. When I click on that SUMo entry of that top list, I would expect the list of which versions of SUMo are running by the SUMo users with a total equalling the one in the parent list. But instead I got another list of software detected with associated count of devices running these SUMo software this morning. And that's no longer what I get now. So it seems there has been some change on SUMo server this afternoon!

That sublist of this morning for SUMo was interesting because it showed which variants are summarized in the parent top list. There were different portable versions reported for different frameworks providing portable application management beside the standard version. So it distinguished for example between SUMo and SUMo portable for the PAF-framework. As I updated my SUMo configuration now to include scanning and reporting also of my installation of this PAF-framework yesterday, I wanted to know if this distinction is also made in the report of my local SUMo Pro installation. And it seemed that such a distinction is no longer reported. That's source for reporting probably two further bugs of SUMo. Reordering it showed me something quite differently. Both are reported, resulting in THREE entries in the report, NOT in TWO! Why?
They are reported three times because scanning results in three signatures. But what's the intention of this handling and these signatures?
It reports my local SUMo Pro installation once in version 5.9.0.420 as issued by KC Softwares, then it reports SUMo Portable in version 5.8.7.409 as issued by the PAF-framework publisher PortablesApp.com, then it reports SUMo in version 5.8.7.409 issued by KC Softwares as a component of this PAF-framework. For this component it claims an available update to version 5.9.0.420 although it correctly reports that for SUMo Portable the same version and no available updates. And when looking up this PAF-framework, they claim that a lot of work has been pending due to a probably passed (longer) health case in family and that version 5.9 is pending release in this framework (as many other listed pending updates for other components). As far as I understand the PAF-framework, claiming an available update to version 5.9.0.420 is wrong as the most recent version is correctly 5.8.7.409 and its auto-update is working fine. Reporting this undue available update notification was the reason for writing this post. Only on writing I found and checked context further making this post longer.

As I write this post, I no longer get this sublist assuming that those sublists have merged in the meantime. Now I get the expected list how many devices are running SUMo in which version, including the total of devices which is now larger (4093) than the one reported in the parent hotlist (4085). Where comes this difference from?

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Tue May 07, 2019 7:02 pm

See my answer to your other question on users count (in DUMo section). Only "%" are truly meaningful in SUMo/DUMo stats.

F13Reboot

Post by F13Reboot » Fri May 24, 2019 11:14 pm

VidCoder 5.1.0.0 it's beta. Last stable: 4.36
source: vidcoder.net
oops, file not found

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Mon May 27, 2019 7:45 pm

F13Reboot wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 11:14 pm
VidCoder 5.1.0.0 it's beta. Last stable: 4.36
source: vidcoder.net
Fixed : https://www.kcsoftwares.com/sumo/view.p ... y=VidCoder
Thanks !

F13Reboot

Post by F13Reboot » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:48 pm

Open-Shell 4.4.137.0 - I don't know what this version is :shock: because according to the homepage of the project, the last nightly build it's 4.4.136.0 :D
Latest stable version: 4.4.131
source: https://open-shell.github.io/Open-Shell-Menu/
oops, file not found

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:59 pm

F13Reboot wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:48 pm
Open-Shell 4.4.137.0 - I don't know what this version is :shock: because according to the homepage of the project, the last nightly build it's 4.4.136.0 :D
Latest stable version: 4.4.131
source: https://open-shell.github.io/Open-Shell-Menu/
Fixed, thanks !

scheff

Post by scheff » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:51 pm

SUMo reports that I've installed Driver Booster 6.4.0.391 and being outdated with update available unto version 6.5.0.421. When I ask Driver Booster if an update is available, it reports no that my version is already the most recent one. On the publishers product page, I only see the announcement of more recent release candidate not released version. And SUMo server tells me my version is installed by 15% of SUMo users while most have more recent version, with 14% the next version, 11% two minor versions higher, 35% further four minor versions higher, and more the 15% any not yet released version 6.5.

I don't know the release policy of that publisher for language editions, if they are released simultaneously and carry the same version number or if they differ by their minor version number and / or release date.

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:49 pm

In this case (language specific release policy), i'd suggest to use right click>Skip>1 day (or week) in order to delay roll out notification.

scheff

Post by scheff » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:02 pm

Kyle_Katarn wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:49 pm
In this case (language specific release policy), i'd suggest to use right click>Skip>1 day (or week) in order to delay roll out notification.
As I wrote, I don't know the release policy of that software publisher. So you mean that you checked this publishers release policy and found out that it releases different language editions, and these editions are not released simultanously?

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:19 pm

Some users have reported that in the past, but i've not checked personnally