SUMo 5.9 Open Beta test (with New "SUMo Online" function)

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

SUMo 5.9 Open Beta test (with New "SUMo Online" function)

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:19 am

Hello,

I'm happy to start the "Open Beta Test" of SUMo 5.9 Release Candidates.
SUMo 5.9 is the "biggest" upgrade since 5.0 and comes with a new exclusive feature : SUMo Online

====================================================
Download link : https://kcsoftwares.com/beta/sumo_lite.exe
Build 420 - Realease Candidate 1 - April 27th

SUMo online allows you :
- Get the status of ALL you SUMo running on your various computers from a single Web dashboard
- Run remote "Scan" and "Check" actions on these remote computers
This will make update and system management much easier at home and at work.

SUMo online is OPTIONAL and needs explicit opt-in from you and a specific account creation. This means you can just use 5.9 like you did with previous version without any impact from SUMo Online.

How to get SUMo Online feature ?
- Go to https://www.kcsoftwares.com/dashboard/login.php and Create an Account
- Go to SUMo in "SUMo Online" menu and use the SUMo online login you used. Click on Test. This should open the dashboard with your computer listed.

Please share your feedback ! Is it useful for you ? Is it working well ? How to make it even better ?

Lyuda6732

Re: SUMo 5.9 Open Beta test (with New "SUMo Online" function)

Post by Lyuda6732 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:00 pm

I'm still unable to use it, when I click get update it always takes me to the shop

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:00 pm

Lyuda6732 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:00 pm
I'm still unable to use it, when I click get update it always takes me to the shop
Please contact me by email for investigation : contact [@] kcsoftwares.com

Lyuda6732

Post by Lyuda6732 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:21 pm

Ok I think i've found a solution, I moved my KCleaner license from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KC Softwares to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KC Softwares\KCleaner and the problem was fixed

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:44 am

Lyuda6732 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:21 pm
Ok I think i've found a solution, I moved my KCleaner license from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KC Softwares to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KC Softwares\KCleaner and the problem was fixed
OK ! Was it a "Premium" licence or a "regular KCleaner" licence ?

peteyt

Post by peteyt » Thu May 02, 2019 4:46 pm

Kyle_Katarn wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:19 am
Hello,

I'm happy to start the "Open Beta Test" of SUMo 5.9 Release Candidates.
SUMo 5.9 is the "biggest" upgrade since 5.0 and comes with a new exclusive feature : SUMo Online

Download link : https://kcsoftwares.com/beta/sumo_lite.exe
Build 420 - Realease Candidate 1 - April 27th

SUMo online allows you :
- Get the status of ALL you SUMo running on your various computers from a single Web dashboard
- Run remote "Scan" and "Check" actions on these remote computers
This will make update and system management much easier at home and at work.

SUMo online is OPTIONAL and needs explicit opt-in from you and a specific account creation. This means you can just use 5.9 like you did with previous version without any impact from SUMo Online.

How to get SUMo Online feature ?
- Go to https://www.kcsoftwares.com/dashboard/login.php and Create an Account
- Go to SUMo in "SUMo Online" menu and use the SUMo online login you used. Click on Test. This should open the dashboard with your computer listed.

Please share your feedback ! Is it useful for you ? Is it working well ? How to make it even better ?
I have updated to the beta but when double clicking on any program that has an update to see more information at the top on the page it loads it says the following "Update of SUMo is required (5.9.0.420 to be replaced by 5.8.12.415)" as if it wants me to downgrade

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Fri May 03, 2019 8:49 am

Known behavior for SUMo beta versions. I'll make this better for next open tests. Thanks !
Any feedback on 5.9 ? Did you test SUMo Online ?

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Fri May 03, 2019 9:26 am

SUMo 5.9 is now **OFFICIAL**

scheff

Post by scheff » Fri May 03, 2019 10:59 am

Just downloaded the recently released version. Couldn't find yet the claimed behaviour with currently one device only online and updated. My device did not automatically appear in the dashboard. After account creation, the dashboard was still empty although I initiated this account creation via the corresponding menu point within SUMo 5.9.0.420! This changed after using some action button within the local SUMo installation, on all instances of the dashboard.

After this update, the dashboard showed me this only device already updated. But it did not (yet) show me any installed programs beside SUMo itself. I neither couldn't see any action after pushing any action in the dashboard, neither in the dashboard nor in the local application.

I did not yet check how the behaviour changes when I update my next device.

And I found that the localization of the user interface was not yet updated. SUMo reports localization still in version 5.9.0.415. The effect is that SUMo is locally localized except for the new menu still being English instead of localized. As time permits, I'll provide proposals for update in my language in the next few days.

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Fri May 03, 2019 2:25 pm

Thanks !

Dashboard does NOT list all software, just the "status' (# of up to date, minor, major). May I have more details on what you've found "difficult" to get it working on your PC ? What was confusing in terms of workflow ?